Friday, April 22, 2011

La fille ainée de l'eglise

   I owe so much to the French saints & to French Christians whose writings have resounded through the world. My patron saint, Thomas Aquinas, studied & taught in Paris; St. Therese of Lisieux, the next thing to a patron saint, has, since her relics were brought through the diocese a decade ago, constantly pulled me out of the muck. Sixteen years ago, during my trip to France, I'd get off the train in each city & go to a nearby church or cathedral to the Lady chapel in each to pray. In Paris, I stumbled across the chapel in which St. Catherine Labouré beheld Our Lady & received instruction to have the Miraculous Medal made and circulated throughout the country & the world. On at least two occasions when I had a severe fall while wearing the medal, Our Lady has prevented terrible injury from occurring.

No comments:

Post a Comment